The Frank Ferguson Fellowship in Engineering
News31 October 2018
Irish Aid, in partnership with the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the National University of Ireland, Galway, have established a Frank Ferguson fellowship award that will fund one successful Zambian candidate each year to study on a masters level engineering programme in Ireland. The Engineering School at NUIG is ranked in the top 1% globally and boasts strong research support in one of the world's most welcoming cities.
This fellowship is in recognition of the achievements, and in memory of Frank Ferguson who was an engineer and innovator who dedicated fifty years of his life to promoting development in Zambia through numerous high-quality infrastructure projects.
Frank Ferguson Fellows should be prepared with the potential to make significant contributions to the development of Zambia.
Further information can be found in the call for applications brochure
The call for applications will be through Engineering Institution of Zambia
To be eligible for the Frank Ferguson Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Zambia and be residing in Zambia.
- Hold a Degree in Engineering or related discipline with Merit or higher
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto a Master's level course of study in Engineering
- Be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia.
- Have a minimum of two years' relevant work experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Zambia.
- Be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- Meet any relevant procedural requirements of Government of Zambia.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
Applicants must select from the following list of courses offered by the National University of Ireland, Galway:
- Master of Civil Engineering (1MEC1)
- ME in Energy Systems Engineering (1MEES1)
- MSc in Water Resource Engineering (GYE23)
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering (1MSME1)
- ME in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (1MEEE1)
- Completed Frank Ferguson Application Form
- Academic transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Copy of final year project
- Project proposal (approx. 2 pages)
Application forms and all accompanying documents for the Frank Ferguson Fellowship will be submitted to:
Engineering Institution of Zambia
CL/7 Brenthood Drive, Longacres
P.O. Box 51084
The closing date for applications is 16 December 2018